Tuesday, July 22, 2014

100+ Definitions 52



Invincible #52

Low-Frequency Listener (L-FL): Dear readers, welcome to the I-52!...the fifty-second issue of the comic Invincible. 

Invincible #52 (I#52):  My covers contain the fight between the Mauler Clones against Invincible and Kid Omni-Man. 

L-FL: The heroes win?

I#52: Of course! Kid Omni-Man straight-up kills the clones with splattery violence by shoving a palm through the chest of one and punching the other’s jaw through his skull. 

L-FL:  That doesn’t sound very heroic.

I#52: Invincible agrees with you on that point.  He tries to explain to his non-human half-brother why killing is bad.   It’s doesn’t go well.

L-FL: Don’t forget to also mention that the clones launched a nuclear missile and Invincible chased it into space and detonated the projectile.

I#52: And Invincible survived!  So, Low-FL, why don’t you give readers yet another definition of superhero.

L-FL: Superhero: a being possession extraordinary powers who protect the lives of others and allow others to retain responsibility for their lives.  Superheroes are guardians and protectors, not executioners.

I#52:  That definition sounds pretty accurate.  Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment